- Restorative justice philosophy and practice
- Contextualizing impact of privilege/anti-oppression
- Feminist philosophies and practices
- Alternatives to imprisonment/prison abolition
- Retributive philosophy and the prison industrial complex
- Systems of oppression: poverty, racism, imperialism, patriarchy
- Indigenous philosophies
Example areas of study/research:
- An examination of the gendered dimensions of domestic and state violence.
- An examination of racial injustices in policing and imprisonment.