Transformative Social Change Symposium November 14th
Humber College Lakeshore Campus, AB Building Room A170
“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” Maya Angelou
By virtue of participating in this symposium everyone will be assisting in the actual real time creation of a Centre for Transformative Social Change.
The symposium will be dedicated to providing experiential/transformative learning opportunities for students and community members who want to engage in the processes of creating transformative social change. Participants will be learning with people who have created or are in the very process of community based organizations and social justice movements on the local, national and international levels.
Key features to be explored, experienced throughout the day
- What is transformative social change (TSC)?
- What does it mean to facilitate TSC
- What are the essential skills required to be engaged in TSC
- What are the essential steps to go through in starting your own TSC Organization
- What are the essential steps to go through in starting your own social transformative movement
- What is link between trauma and transformative social change
- What it the role of creating film in the process of transformative social change
- What are the issues and questions about TSC that are missing from the symposium